Dingle Peninsula Eco Award
Our Environmental Policy
It is the policy of Inch Beach Cottages to conduct our business in a mannner that is both environmentally responsoble and promotes the uniqueness of the Dingle Peninsula. Our business is a member of Corca Dhuibhne Glas / Dingle Peninsula Eco Award Scheme.
Corca Dhuibhne Glas, In conjunction with the Environmental Protection Agency - Local Authority Prevention Network (LAPN) programme and the Regional Waste Management Office have developed an environmental training and consultancy programme called Corca Dhubbhne Glas - Dingle Peninsula Eco Award.
The objective of the Corca Dhuibhne Glas Programme is to enable individual businesses in the Corca Dhubhne area to assess their environmental performance and to recognise the environmental benefits that come from good environmental management within the business.
We will run our business in accordance with all relevant environmental laws and strive to continually make improvements that minimises the impact of our business on the local environmnet.
In addition we aim to:
(1) Promote other local businesses tat are participating in the Corca Dhuibhne Glas Programme.
(2) Promote the local heritage and culture of the area through providing information to all our customers.
(3) Prevent where possible the release of wastes into the environment and to improve the efficiency of our business each year.
(4) Source as many products, especially food from local suppliers.
(5) Periodically review and demonstrate continuous improvement in environmental performance, including areas not subject to regulations.